• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supplies! Cheap! Take advantage of wholesale updated 7/3

11 posts in this topic

Instock and price with shipping. Buy multiples and I can reduce costs.

tn275x500-VF.jpg

2 x 2 Double Pocket Vinyl Flip - with Insert

Pack of 100 $8.00

1-PRO20T-100-BOX_closed.jpg

Pro 20-Pocket Page

Pak of 100 - $20.00

I was just curious as to why you buy the 2"x2" flips when all the TPG's require 2.5"x2.5" when submitting coins?

I was just curious as to why you buy the 2"x2" flips when all the TPG's require 2.5"x2.5" when submitting coins?

I don't know about other TPG's, but for NGC and PCGS I use 2"x2" always and never had a problem.. I sent a submission to NGC last Friday, they received and never said anything.

I sometimes even use 2x2 cardboard flips, and just use a rubber band to hold them right together..

NGC: "Place raw coins up to 40.6 mm diameter in 2.5" x 2.5" non-PVC flips. Use larger flips for larger coins. Coins should fit easily into a flip. Placing a coin into a flip that is too small may result in damage to the coin.

PCGS: "We ask that you send your coins in 2 ½ x 2 ½ Mylar flips. You can purchase them and other packaging supplies at our online store. Please DO NOT send your coins in stapled holders, 2x2 flips, vinyl flips (that may contain PVC) or tubes, as doing so can cause a delay in processing. Please do not use an excess of tape or packing material. "

"require" may have been a little stiff of a word to use to describe why I asked but that above is why I did ask that originally.

NGC: "Place raw coins up to 40.6 mm diameter in 2.5" x 2.5" non-PVC flips. Use larger flips for larger coins. Coins should fit easily into a flip. Placing a coin into a flip that is too small may result in damage to the coin.

i guess that's the reason? but i really never had a problem with that, even when sending silver dollars in.. i guess you're right about that being one of their rules, but they don't enforce it..

i do know they dont like staples. my friend once sent in coins all stapled in cardboard flips (4 staples) and he was charged $1 each to remove from the holder

Didn't intend on derailing your thread AstoTrain.

A week or so ago when you were offering to get others to go in when you mentioned 2'x2' I jumped out.

I was going to go in on some 2.5"x2.5" ones but I know when I receive a coin in a 2x2, especially when it is a silver dollar, I have to cut around it so I don't create any unnecessary damage with rubs trying to pry them things out of the flip. They fit way to tight in 2x2's for me personally.