• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

silver eagle set by amarillo

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

date change

Hi collectors, well the mint did it again this time it up dated the shipping of my silver eagle set from 7-11 to 6-26-13, for my this is great. on the journal monday some of the collectors had there stes set back by about two to three week, you just can tell,well will set if it show up at the house. Don

See more journals by amarillo

Thats very strange? For the majority of us that ordered this set at the opening bell. As I'm sure you heard it went from 6/17 to 7/2. how can the mint be all over the place with these ship dates. It make no sense. I guess we will see what really transpires over the next few weeks or so. Stay tuned. And please keep us abreast of who actually receives them.

I have no ider what the mint is doing, but i will keep you informed of any changes the mint might do, and when i receive it i let you know, the mint is very very strange. There was one or two that also collectors had there sets move up too, well have a good night and keep collecting. Don

I just checked my order and it is now In stock and reserved.

Here are some posts from MintBlog.

rpw says:

June 18, 2013 at 1:00 am

Called the mint. They told me all of the first orders have changed to 7/02 backorder date. I was told that my order will be one of the first to ship (since my order was one of the first ones). I told her that if it wasn’t — I was gonna be extremely mad. I’m really getting tired of the games the mint is playing.

If the dealers get their’s before the general public — I will stop buying in a heartbeat. I’m basically only buying for silver anyway. The mint needs to stop treating it’s customer’s like they don’t matter. Look at the counter for the total sales on this set. How did it increase 30,000 in ONE day —- AFTER the cutoff!

Something stinks here — AS USUAL!

billrod says:

June 18, 2013 at 9:49 am

I just spoke to a supervisor at the Fullfillment Center named Emmy and she said that the W sets have not been received yet from the Mint. She hopes to receive them within a week and start shipping them out right away. The story is that since orders could be placed until June 6 that everything was delayed until that date. That’s hard for me to understand since over 150,000 sets had already been placed during the first few days and it was obvious that the demand would be high. So why the big delay ? My Order Tracking on the website still has 6/17 as the expected shipment date.

sig.jpg

sig.jpg