• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Long Beach Show in a Nutshell

9 posts in this topic

Nice report John. How do you think the Palm Beach show will do? Seems like the whole idea of it being in Florida is a bad one! laugh.gif

Hoot

Thanks guys. Sorry it was so short but I was a bit messed up by Ivan, I actually left town with the family but now that Ivan looks to be going off to the west we have come home again. I think Palm Beach will be better than Long Beach! We'll see...

John

Thanks for the show report John. I felt these last 2 months were saturated with shows, which is why I didn’t bother to go to Long Beach myself. Seems I made the right decision considering your report and word of mouth from other dealers…. We opted to set up at Charlotte, North Carolina instead that week and had a GREAT show!

Gary

grin.gif

Good for you Gary! There is only a few "major" shows between now and FUN, and this is very welcome indeed...

And now for my cheap plug...

Many of you have asked me to list coins on my website. I can't do it right now but hope to next year. In the meanwhile, I will be running occasional coin listings in Coin World and my first is in the mail now on page 43 of the Sept 27th issue.

You can get a 5% discount, and find out about another special offer by going here:

Cheap Plug

Thanks for your consideration.

End of cheap plug. smile.gif

John

John, Great report and so few dealers are nice enough to supply newest info. I'm holding some VF to AU58 Morgan, WL, and Barber keys and heard dealers weren't stepping up on these anymore. They're getting customer "sticker shock" price resistance and aren't buying unless really nice for the grade with a buyer. End of the runup maybe? bumpit.gif