• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got it. Thank you

12 posts in this topic

Want to buy 5 NGC slab boxes

I've checked eBay, seems like cheapest I could find were $14.99 each (del'd) - that's a little more than I want to spend.

Anyone who can offer a better deal on these please PM me.

* I would take single boxes if the price is good enough, but I think if someone has all 5 boxes that would make more sense so we save on shipping

PCGS @ 4.60 each ($23 del'd for 5 boxes) - which is a very good deal!

I don't see how they can sell those for $23.00 delivered? I am trying to get rid of 6 or 7 PCGS's and the "if it fit's it ships" USPS box rate for that medium box is as much as you just quoted.

Can you give me that link please so I can try and figure out how they are shipping?

I stand corrected. To ship 6 it would take me a Large Flat Rate Box and it was $16.85 and that was with the Business rate price.

Want to buy 5 NGC slab boxes

I've checked eBay, seems like cheapest I could find were $14.99 each (del'd) - that's a little more than I want to spend.

Anyone who can offer a better deal on these please PM me.

* I would take single boxes if the price is good enough, but I think if someone has all 5 boxes that would make more sense so we save on shipping

If you call NGC customer service, you can purchase up to 10 boxes at $6 each, with a flat shipping fee of $13. The more you buy, the lower the average cost. I purchased a couple in eBay at $14 a pop (plus shipping) but never again. If you buy 10, that's only $7.30 average cost from NGC including shipping (and they are brand spanking new in boxes and in plastic wrap).

Number is 1-800-NGC-COIN

Wow thanks Brandon, I did not know that.

Ill do that then. This price is very fair.

I wonder why they're so expensive (comparing to the pcgs ones) on eBay..?

Because they hold all types of slabs where PCGS will only hold it, ICG, and maybe ANACS, but I think ANACS was too tall.

You definitely are not going to get a NGC in a PCGS that is for sure. *** Crack ***

EBay fees, PayPal fees, and shipping fees (for single item purchases) all contribute to higher prices. Remember that a lot of sellers are "encouraged" by eBay to offer free shipping. If they do this, they must assume a single sale and not a bulk sale (most of the listings are for single boxes, I am assuming based on your original post). Moreover, I suspect that the profits are probably pretty small still on the boxes that sell on eBay.

Because they hold all types of slabs where PCGS will only hold it, ICG, and maybe ANACS, but I think ANACS was too tall.

You definitely are not going to get a NGC in a PCGS that is for sure. *** Crack ***

If my memory serves me correctly, new ANACS holders (the larger ones) will fit in a PCGS box. NGC (and I believe) ICG coins will fit, but the lid will not snap completely shut on a PCGS box.

You're welcome yonico. I replaced all of my PCGS boxes a while back with NGC ones. It annoyed the heck out of me that the PCGS boxes would not shut with NGC slabs in them. The NGC boxes fit every type of slab I have ever owned, so they are definitely the better option for storage IMO.

-Brandon

EBay fees, PayPal fees, and shipping fees (for single item purchases) all contribute to higher prices. Remember that a lot of sellers are "encouraged" by eBay to offer free shipping. If they do this, they must assume a single sale and not a bulk sale (most of the listings are for single boxes, I am assuming based on your original post). Moreover, I suspect that the profits are probably pretty small still on the boxes that sell on eBay.

I know. but I meant why are they so expensive comparing to pcgs boxes that sell on eBay? Sellers that sell pcgs boxes on eBay still pay the same fees to eBay and Paypal, and shipping.. Yet pcgs boxes sell on eBay for $5 including shipping, and NGC for $14..

You're welcome yonico. I replaced all of my PCGS boxes a while back with NGC ones. It annoyed the heck out of me that the PCGS boxes would not shut with NGC slabs in them. The NGC boxes fit every type of slab I have ever owned, so they are definitely the better option for storage IMO.

-Brandon

Yep. That is my problem exactly. I have to keep them closed with a rubber band if there are NGC coins inside.

I'm still using pcgs boxes for pcgs coins, cause some slabs sit a little too loose in the NGC boxes, especially pcgs rattlers and the old small anacs ones.