• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Imaging Setup: PLEASE POST YOUR BEST PHOTO posted by The Artist's Collection

6 posts in this topic

Here are a few that I think turned out pretty well. My set-up and equipment are described here.

2c_NGC_MS66BN_composite_zps24f38ead.jpg' alt='2.gif.9fc66b13abe5d736a39bc1a668f42ae9.gif' alt='2c'>_NGC_MS66BN_composite_zps24f38ead.jpg'>

1897JF_Peru_HalfDinero_PCGS_MS66_composite_zps5372b086.jpg

1936_BuffNickel_NGC_MS66_composite_zps4e38c375.jpg

1969_Heraldic_Art_Medal_SanDiego_Raw.jpg

1919 France, 1 Franc -- PCGS MS66

1919_France_1Franc_PCGS_MS66_Toned_obv.jpg

1919_France_1Franc_PCGS_MS66_Toned_rev.jpg

I use the BRG Collections set up, and I am constantly working on honing my photography skills. The main difference between mine and his set-up is that I use a Nikon D3100 camera rather than a Cannon. This is a link to a new set I have started with re-imaged coins based on seated feminine national personifications and goddesses.

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/WCM/CoinCustomSetView.aspx?s=13319

And here are some of my other finer accomplishments:

1105281_Full_Obv.jpg1105281_Full_Rev.jpg

980637_Full_Obv.jpg980637_Full_Rev.jpg

This ones cool because of the level of detail macro photography gives for things like die polish.

1031694_Full_Obv.jpg1031694_Full_Rev.jpg

As you can see I am still trying to figure out Collector's Society's compression scheme by the differing sizes of the photos which were all saved the same by me.

Gary

To brg, these are BEAUTIFUL! I especially like the 1919 franc. Great pics as always.

And to Gherrmann, while I do like your pics, and they show great detail, I think you should sometimes consider a different color background, especially with coins that are dark or with dark toning. Dark coins kinda get "lost" on black background. The Lincoln penny pic was GREAT, the black background makes the coppery colors pop. But with the 1836 BH I would go for a lighter softer color in the back that would make the beautiful toning show more.

Good job nonetheless!