• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1802 Half Cent w/ 1800 Reverse. Rare. NO MONEY UPFRONT. NO GAMES

8 posts in this topic

So of those of you who do not know -I have earned a terrible reputation on hereoand other forums when I tried to sell my silver.. It is mainly my fault. Quite frankly it was silly to try and sell rolls of silver over a forum to begin with.

I am new to this forum but I am also new to coins.

I have an 1802 Half Cent. It is in rough shape. I am about to send to PCGS but I am putting this up here. It is for sale but also love to hear people's opinions. Grade? I do not know. I can look up PCGS and so few have ever been graded the different between a 4 and a 5 are fairly substantial. I am aware of fake pcgs slabs so I figured after so many have already deemed me a 'scam' on here as soon as I post a PCGS graded coin worth 15k+ I would have no shot or ever doing anything on here or other forums again.

So-if you are in or near Indianapolis-we can meet in person. I understand that is a long shot. If have reference and are a 'seasoned' collector I would consider sending it to you. I say consider because I'm not going to just FedEx the first person who says "Yeah me". I would also be open if you said "Here is a coin dealer I know-send it to him so he can look at it". That is fine. It would have to be real dealer-somebody who at least has a website. I don't want to hear send it to your Uncle Bob the Dealer at PO Box 149.

I know I am sort of going from 0 to 60 but I feel like this is a special coin that only a true collector would even be aware of-let alone appreciate it. The coin is in a holder. You can weigh it, put it under a loupe, etc. As long as you don't steal the coin or damage it then we are ok.

Message me.

If it was me I'd put it to auction at Heritage or Stacks- bowers or even better contact James Garcia at Scotsmans auctions. He's a very knowledgable guy when it comes to copper and will be a big help on selling it if you so desire . PM him on the boards here , James early :-)

Thats a pretty desirable coin and would like to see some pics of it . :wishluck:

Good luck

Martin

There is a huge difference between 2/0 rev of 1800 and 2/0 2nd reverse. I would suggest getting this coin certified before you sold it.