• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1925 Canadian cent -- possible grade / value? [700KB]

7 posts in this topic

J & M is a Canadian coin dealer, so his prices are in CDN$. Thus, $35CDN is about $25US. To have your coin graded would cost about $20US plus postage. Not really worth the expense.

"In any case, it's sadly probably the most valuable item in my collection."

No worries. I once started out my collection with $20 worth of mexican coins. Now, it's worth a bit more. devil.gif

TRUTH

Nice coin in a nice grade, I agree it's value does not warrent getting it graded, but it'a a great start to a good collection. Coin collection don't have to be expensive to be good.

Have fun and keep collecting

Smitty thumbsup2.gif

I think it's a nice coin, but doesn't quite make VF by Canadian standards in my opinion. It looks to me like the center pearls in the crown have merged along with the considerable thickening of the lower band. There is a lot of overall wear on the face and the details in the chain over his shoulder have merged. All of those areas show wear in a VF, but need to be clear.

Yep, definitely F-VF at best.

> Not worth alot, maybe $18-$20

I know they say a dollar isn't worth a lot any more but I still have to count every one to make a living. $20 isn't anything to sneeze at! 'Not worth a lot' applies to less than a buck to me. True value of a coin is in the eyes of the hobbyist.