• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Intercept Coin Bags - Free Sample

13 posts in this topic

If you are not familiar with Intercept Technology, pls check out our website; www.coinarmour.com

Intercept is used for the preservation of silver, gold, copper, and bronze coins. It utilizes technology for the prevention of corrosion of coins. The Intercept lining of the bag neutralizes gases in the air which can cause coins to spot, discolor, and tarnish.

If you want a free sample, pls send me email thru the website. Email is after the research papers.

http://www.coinarmour.com/Research_Contact_Us.html

thanks,

Chris

Here are some background facts about Intercept...If you want a free sample of our coin storage bags pls contact us at info@coinarmour.com or visit at Coin Armour

INTERCEPT Technology™ is a corrosion protection method which, for over 20 years in numerous applications, has proven its long lasting effectiveness in extreme conditions.

The technology was born from the restoration and protection efforts on the Statue of Liberty in New York. The technology was developed at that time by AT&T Bell Laboratories, first for their own use. It was later patented worldwide by AT&T Bell Labs, additionally by Lucent Technologies (current name: Alcatel Lucent).

Now the technology finds its way into a wide range of products and application fields in order to ensure a robust and more secure protection against corrosion and ESD damage during transport and storage, thereby reducing, in some cases significantly, process costs for the end user.

The technology’s unique method of working allows the user to tackle known problems with new approaches and subsequently increases their competitiveness.

Effective, environmentally friendly and tested many times over: One packaging solution for all materials and applications!

INTERCEPT Technology™ provided the Statue of Liberty with a new Patina

During the restoration of the Statue of Liberty new copper sheeting was applied and damaged sheets repaired. Using the same Copper particles, later utilized to create the INTERCEPT Technology™, a rapid patina was able to be developed that was used to apply a protective patina layer on the new and damaged copper sheets, in a record time.

7a2b9bdbc9.jpg

359bc8396d.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The principle was then applied to modifying a polymer to make it a reactive barrier, providing an easy as well as effective solution that suits almost every application in order to protect packaged good against destructive corrosion. Therefore it is indifferent whether the goods are transported by sea or by air or are stored on land. Corrosion INTERCEPT® is made of high-surface area Copper particles that are permanently bonded into a polymer compound.

These particles essentially react with elements that create and promote corrosion, which are present in the atmosphere. Salts, sulphur compounds, ozone, nitrous oxides and others so called “corrosive gases” or atmospheric pollutants are found in every environment worldwide in various concentrations. It is known, for instance, that in highly polluted regions of Asia there is much higher damage caused by corrosion as compared to the European or North American regions. This is basically due to the higher concentration of harmful elements in their atmosphere.

Corrosion INTERCEPT® permanently reacts with and neutralizes these corrosive gases creating a cleaned atmosphere, a micro-environment, which protects materials inside it against corrosion and degradation caused by these corrosive, reactive gases. The atmospheric moisture or humidity that migrates through the packaging will also have these corrosive gases neutralized so that it cannot add or promote corrosion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, INTERCEPT Technology™ protects against corrosion in numerous applications:

Proven, effective, environmentally friendly and economical; one packaging technology for all applications.

… Simply better protection!

8b5a65840c.jpgae5e9487fb.jpg2403a3073a.jpg

I just got my first order. I too was concerned about fitting them into my slab holder boxes. What idid is cut the excess film from top above the zip lock, and then folded the sides witha little scotch tape. They now fit into case, but the top cover no longer fits. If they do as promised its worth it. Ill try and show a pic later. Regards BruceS

Thanks for the feedback. We will be offering our own boxes in a couple of weeks. The boxes will hold 15 slabs snugly in the bags. They are a little wider than your standard box to account for the additional bag material. The boxes are very sturdy and wrapped in acid free paper. They will not contain intercept material since it is more economical to replace a bag vs a box.

I will post pics in a few days of the new box

Here is a pic of a 1993 platinum panda up for auction at Stacks at the ANA. The coin is graded by NGC PF69UC and is exhibiting unusual corrosion around the rim for platinum. My guess is that the purity content, although .9995, is made up of a very small amount of silver or copper.

Does anyone else have any thoughts since I have not seen this type of corrosion on platinum?

263974_01.jpg

It appears the "copper" is raised above the surface, is that correct? If so, it could be debris, also known as lint marks. It could be any material in that case. Otherwise, it doesn't look "corroded" enough to swell above the surface on its own, so in that case, it would have to be an integral part of the metal. Platinum has a very high melting point, much above other coinage metals. That means it's less likely to be lumpy, with bits of the impurities drifting around in it.

Also, it's pretty easy to separate platinum from silver, gold, etc because it's so different chemically, although I'm not sure of the exact process used to refine the platinum for these coins. For now, I will make an educated guess that the impurities are actually nickel and/or other platinum group metals. The most likely candidate is nickel, because it is known to be able to develop a patina that looks a lot like the goldish coloring on this coin.

As far as "corrosion" goes, it's nothing to worry about. Nickel is very resistant to corrosion, much more so than silver and copper. My only question is, why is it concentrated around the rim, and nowhere else? That could be an important clue about the origin of the copper colored metal. It increases the likelihood that it is "lint" debris pressed into the coin by the coining dies.

What does the reverse look like? Do you have larger, more detailed photos?