• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lots of quarters - 1999 - 2013 by Chuck8642

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I have lots of these including two complete mint sets (un- circulated)

I started buying from Cable Shopping Network. I purchased two of their sets. Although I found a few problems they were more than happy to exchange coins with me. I also started collecting rolls of quarters. to flesh out what I already had. This is fun. I now have close to 150 quarters. I purchased another set from Littleton. They were supposed to be ms 60 or better. Bad news almost 98% had some type of ERROR on them. ie. Weak strikes, double die and one even looks a little off set. I don't know what they are worth although I am going to try to find out.

See more journals by Chuck8642

Whats "piffy post" mean? Was that a censor replaced word from NGC? like spoon

I have purchased a few things from various televised coin shows in the past and have found them to be grossly overpriced and usually factually incorrect. Every item I have purchased that way has and probably will be forever a bad deal, but in the end you should collect what you like and if they make you happy then it may have been worth the money.

I for one would like to see your dollars and halves you wrote about about in your bio. Remember even bad pictures are better than no pictures. :banana:

IMHO I would stay away from Littleton coins, they have a bad habit of sending coins on approval and if you don't want them you have the hassle of going back to the post office and mailing them back and half the time they claim they never received them. as for me I'd stay as far away from them as possible.

Look at silver towne, coast to coast coins or coins of America all 3 are great to work with and always except returns if your not 100% happy with your coins also silver towne has a great collection of lose coins that have always graded in the mid to high 60's

Happy collecting and may God Bless....Mike