• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buying Coin From Heritage Auction House posted by Dannies Fum

8 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

So Slow

Recently i bid few coin from HA and win it. The thing i don't understand is why HA take so long to verify receive my payment. I make the payment by using Paypal and it take me to call them like 6 times and 4 emails and 5 days before they can conform receive my payment. Now i have to wait agian for them to ship the item, according to the staff it will take 7 to 14 days to ship the item from the date they receive the payment.

Don't under stand!!!!at all why so slow and so un-effectively the way they works.

See more journals by Dannies Fum

I have purchased about 10 coins from Heritage and the only time it took more than a few hours for them to say it was paid was when I did an Echeck through paypal.

If you do a credit card payment or a direct withdraw from your bank account it should be speedy.

Also after you have purchased things in the past from Heritage they will begin to ship things even if you have not paid yet. My last purchase was a 1983 10c NO S PF69UC and I all but forgot about paying for the item and I received it before I even paid for it. They say they will charge a fee if it goes past 14 days without payment but I paid on day 17 and received no charges. :banana:

They are slow, and just imagine, you get to pay big money for the privilege! Also, calling does no good... poor all way round, imho. I've not purchased anything from Heritage in years...

I haven't noticed any issues with Heritage, I usually pay with a credit card the next day or so, and the coin is then usually on its way fairly quickly. With all auction houses there can be a delay on multi-day auctions at coin shows. If, for example, you bid on a lot in day 1 of a 5 day Heritage ANA auction, the coins are sometimes all shipped back to the office at the same time, so there is built in lag in this situation.

Cheers !

Rich

My recent experiences with Heritage have been fine but on one occasion it took two weeks and an email to get my items. I think it was the first time I used an eCheck.

eChecks are an eJoke. This seems to be true through paypal and heritage. There is probably a fee on the back end of an ACH transfer that some companies just eat for the sake of a good reputation and other companies punish their customers with unnecessary wait times.

Then you have the practices of walmart, if you hand them a check they will scan it and cancel it then and there and hand it back to you as a receipt. That is nice and seems like it would cost them something yet they are capable of making nice with customers. Heritage and paypal are large companies who could afford to do these things.

Of course we as collectors would like the coin in our mailbox the very next morning by 9am with a customary ring of the door bell to announce it is there.

Amazon and google are going to be doing some crazy stuff here in a couple years with plans to have same day shipping in some areas and google with free wired internet for every person. 1Gbps fiber for $79.99/month sign me up.

I personally would like that re-rehydrator from back to the future. I don't know what it is called but I think it was a Black and Decker. Sad really I can remember the brand. :banana:

I pay Heritage within a day or two and they usually ship USPS Priority Mail to me within one week. I figure it will be 10 days from Heritage's auction close to my receipt of the coin(s). Sometimes it's as short as one week from close to receipt.

I have noticed speedier delivery in recent years. It use to be two weeks or so and is always better than that now.

My payment always shows quickly, but with regards to shipping, remember that they are selling thousands of coins at a time. It takes time to properly sort, package, and mail the coins. A week to two weeks is not unreasonable.