• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-

8 posts in this topic

I would love to buy some at that price as well.

Well you could, on your own post.. Not here (tsk)

just kidding..

But You would be AMAZED if you knew how many people, dealers, bullion/coin collectors and even pawn shop owners take their silver junk to a refinery, where they get AT THE MOST 3% below spot. Some take it to "bigger dealers" - the only thing that makes them "bigger" is a huge bankroll - and get 5% below spot, sometimes much less.

I feel that for coins that really ARE junk, and have no extra value beyond their silver content, this buying price is fair..

Didn't you just sell 8 junk dollars for $192 because you "need cash" ? How are you going to pay me ? Your sell post below

- 1921 UNC

- 1921 XF Cleaned

- 1921 BU damaged (scratches, test-acid stains)

- 1921 UNC damaged (scratched, test-acid stains)

- 1921-S VF+/XF (probably cleaned)

- 1922 UNC (cleaned..?)

- 1922 AU

- 1922 AU (little scratch)

Worse dollars get $30-$35 on eBay, trying to dump them here for $24 a pop, delivered.

$24 each including shipping only if buying the whole lot - $192 total.

Please PM if interested, and comment "I'll take it" here under, first one gets it.

Paypal gift or personal check (allow 3 days to clear if first time dealing w/me) only.

Sorry no trades, need cash.

Shipping anywhere in the U.S

Thanks

Johnny

Edited by yonico (04/30/13 06:34 PM)

What does selling the dollars have to do with buying half dollars? What's the purpose of copying my other post and putting it here. Did you not read the P.S I added at the end of this ad???

I think if you read my WTB post above, you would see I mentioned 3 methods of paying, so what do you mean by "how are you going to pay"?

There's a big difference between silver dollars (even when they're considered "junk"), and 90% silver junk. The premium they command (or do not command) is different - even the silver content per $1 is not the same.

Damn. It's a money marketplace forum, not discussion board

I think, if you really read the dollar offer, that he was asking for a cash sale only. This doesnt necessarily imply that he needed the cash to pay bills, etc ... just that he doesn't want to trade.

As for the $8.78 offer per half that price is right in the ballpark. I paid $8.75 each for a large lot of circulated halves at auction a few days ago myself when silver was ~ $24.20 oz. Now I am hoping to find something interesting :)

I think, if you really read the dollar offer, that he was asking for a cash sale only. This doesnt necessarily imply that he needed the cash to pay bills, etc ... just that he doesn't want to trade.

As for the $8.78 offer per half that price is right in the ballpark. I paid $8.75 each for a large lot of circulated halves at auction a few days ago myself when silver was ~ $24.20 oz. Now I am hoping to find something interesting :)

That's exactly what it meant. I was not interested in trades.

As for the price, you're right again. It's a fair price, especially as I specified I will take AG's as well, where other dealers that buy junk price them lower as culls.

Hope you find something real good! :]