• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

William & Mary...ESCAPED!

4 posts in this topic

Yes, William & Mary cleverly broke out of the plastic ANACS tomb that they had been held in. Details of the escape are not widely available, although the help of a kitchen towel and an orange handled set of pliers is suspected as loud banging was heard coming from the kitchen shortly before the plastic splintered and broke apart.

As for the coin, I must confess that I know little about the issue. The notation from the ANACS holder states that it is a 1689 half crown from England and is the second shield variety. I bought this coin perhaps two years ago at one of the major shows and at least one other board member, DaveG, has seen it in person as he was at the show where I purchased it. It appears to be a nice, original VF and always seemed to be a better coin to own raw than slabbed.

582630-W%26M1689a.jpg

589a8d06117e4_582630-WM1689a.jpg.aec1d8192334233c28fead967a9b947e.jpg

Very nice coin Tom! thumbsup2.gif

Thing, I think Mary is the one with the long pointed nose and double chin. Auctaly, I hope it is because the other one is too butt ugly to be a woman. smirk.gif

John