• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mercury dimes FB designation – PCGS vs. NGC

62 posts in this topic

Now for the crackouts Paul....Brandon claimed to be a pro with stats (or something along those lines) With that said I assume he knows what he is doing and truly believes that there is a small deviance in the numbers supplied by the grading companies. So small of a deviance that he feels the numbers a reliable. Im here to tell ya that the numbers are not even freaking close!!! This is where I feel he might be spending too much time looking at his horse coins and not enough time realizing that today PCGS will most likely grade 20+ coins that were in PCGS holders not too long ago... And some of those 20+ coins wont make the grade hoped for and they will get busted out and will be in a future batch of 20+ coins being regraded..... And so on and so on. So in no way do I beleive crackouts are the main cause and my main argument, but they certainly play a big enough role to make the POP reports extremley unreliable in a large scale like this. I feel POP reports are more reliable in the scarce grades, but not in a realm like this.

So, carry on believing whatever you want to believe.

likewise (thumbs u