• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2011 (w) struck at West Point Silver Eagles posted by walnutto

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Check out Ebay

If you were like me and collect Silver Eagles and avoided buying the 2011 (w) Silver Eagle because it was not originally part of the Silver Eagle registry slots until real recent, check out Ebay. Though they are PCGS bullion, I doubt if you will find any that are still affordable with NGC.

BTW... I don't see Silver Eagles...just buy the ones I need to fill my slots is all

Good luck!

13446.JPG

See more journals by walnutto

PCGS graded coins don't carry the designation as a separate entity. So if you add one that says Struck at WP, it won't be accepted into the NGC Registry for that slot.

You can have it re-certified by NGC if you want(since they no longer count non-NGC certs. into the calculation of value or % of completeion, and hope the original grading was correct. However they are still out there for around $100, just keep checking.

I learned (though a little late for some issues) that with Eagles-whatever the issue, in order to keep a complete set- BUY IT at NGC-70. I had doubts with these "Struck at" and "coin & currency" issues, but bought them anyway. You can always dump it if it didn't work out.

Here's one I just found at MCM-$99:

http://www.moderncoinmart.com/store/product.php?productid=28086&cat=&page=1

Anyway, Good Luck!