• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DDouble VVision posted by greysoldier

10 posts in this topic

First off, very nice doubled die!! I'm a big German collector myself, and I've seen doubled dies on other dates in this series but this is the first 1992 I've seen. Which mint is it? Gorgeous coin though! Congrats on that.

Very interesting coin. The date certainly shows significant doubling. There also appears to be doubling on the little finger of the right hand, the left heel, rightmost root on the plant, and maybe even on a couple of leaves on the plant.

Magnify the photo and there appears to be doubling on both feet, all of the fingers, most of the leaves and the front edge of the hat. It's most obvious on the date. Nice!

Good to know that it's from Stuttgart, and thanks for sharing that. If I remember correctly, the other doubled die 50 pfennigs I've seen were from Stuttgart and Munich, but they were much earlier dates than yours. Are you planning on sending yours in for grading?

Very cool.....I'm anxious to see what it grades out at! I think it will do well.