• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS on eBay Nicely toned 1879 Morgan in a NGC “Brilliant Uncirculated” holder.

4 posts in this topic

I apologize for the pictures but the color is very hard for me to capture, the majority of the color is on the obverse with a dash of color on the reverse. The obverse shows a very nice blue stripe down the center of the coin, and immediately left there is a nice stripe of golden yellow, behind the head (behind the blue strip) there is a very light golden color with a hint of blue on the rims. There is also a very nice purplish color throughout the stars after “M” the blue and first golden strips are in a crescent form, past the middle to right side the rest of the obverse is blast white. The reverse also shows a hint of color, there is a golden hue that spans from the second “E” in states to the “E” in America this same color then starts again at the first “A” in America and then ends in the first “L” in dollar. There is also a very nice blue and violet tone from the rim starting just before the “O” in of and the “M” in America, this tone also shows on the tip of the eagle’s right wing. The hologram on the back is also partially missing; it looks like there was once a strip of tape that may have pulled the hologram off. If you guys need more specific information or better pictures please let me know.

Here is the item number: 190821820671

Bidding starts at $0.99 with no reserve thanks for looking!

coinsngcpcgs017_zpseaf3a6a3.jpg

coinsngcpcgs002_zps9b2fe440.jpg

coinsngcpcgs018_zpseb94170b.jpg

coinsngcpcgs019_zpsa729cbf2.jpg

coinsngcpcgs020_zps70f128dd.jpg

Last but not least, the coin is in an NGC holder so the toning is natural, and it’s in a Brilliant Uncirculated holder so its guaranteed to be a 63 minimum but due to the chatter in the fields I don’t see it going to a 64.

When NGC uses the term "brilliant uncirculated," it only guarantees that the coin grades at least MS60. It could be anything in the MS range (in theory). I am unclear whether you believe that NGC only puts coins in "Brilliant Uncirculated" designated holders that grade MS63 or higher or whether you are simply opining that you personally guarantee that it is at least a MS63. I just want to make sure that you understand the difference.

I wish you luck with your sale; it is a nice piece. You might want to consider adding an asking price, many forum members will not even look at a coin seriously if the seller hasn't listed an asking price.

Hi Shane, I listed this coin on eBay with a starting bid at 0.99 with no reserve. I wasn’t sure what to price the coin at so I figured that best plan of action is to put a low price and let the auction run its course. Thanks for your interest, by the way you have a very nice selection of coins!

Here is the item number: 190821820671

Don.