• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not sure about these colors....

33 posts in this topic

Graded or not I don't like the colors on those and believe whole hardedly they had some heat help in the album ;)

PCGS has little liability here so it's probably not a big deal.

However, the 79S in the "in hand" photo looks a lot different than the TrueView. The TV does make it look like Dansco toning whereas the previous photo didn't.

The one 1981 piece that graded looks "odd" to me still. Whatever, as long as the OP likes them....

Congrads!

jom

I think the 1981 is odd because its rare to find them like that. People seek out rare toners and pay lots of money for them

the 1979 MS64 looks totally legit and that's what I am used to seeing out of dansco's...not the other toning but if PCGS liked them as market acceptable I will have to trust there judgement as they have seen them in hand.

Graded or not I don't like the colors on those and believe whole hardedly they had some heat help in the album ;)

PCGS has little liability here so it's probably not a big deal.

However, the 79S in the "in hand" photo looks a lot different than the TrueView. The TV does make it look like Dansco toning whereas the previous photo didn't.

The one 1981 piece that graded looks "odd" to me still. Whatever, as long as the OP likes them....

Congrads!

jom

I think the 1981 is odd because its rare to find them like that. People seek out rare toners and pay lots of money for them

No...that's not what I was thinking as I know very little about the SBA series...it just looked odd due to the coloring....

HOWEVER, I'm going to have to back-track on my statement. I had forgotten about a coin I own that was in (and out) of a Dansco over about a 15 year period. long time and this is what happened:

After roughly 7 years in a Dansco this Kennedy half, obviously similar in composition to an SBA, looked like this:

50c-82p-earlier_1200.jpg

Clearly, a Dansco toned coin. I took the coin out of the holder for a few years then placed it back in (for reasons I don't remember). I think it was a mistake but still...here it is as it looks now:

50c-82p-latest_1200.jpg

Very similar, IMO, to the 1981 SBA I referred to above. Note how the color rainbow spread out...again very similar to the 1981 MS66. There was NO heat applied or anything by me...that's just the way it happened. So I have to take back my statement earlier about the 81...I was wrong.

Hope this helps...

jom