• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speaking of slab boxes. . .

6 posts in this topic

I was just on the Brooklyn Gallery website and noticed that they're offering a Whitman plastic box that fits 20 slabs - both PCGS and NGC - and it has a padded top and bottom so your slabs won't rattle.

Finally! grin.gif

Hey Dave, I think this is the record for people responding to your posts! wink.gif Of course, if you weren't a collector of slabs who has little if any appreciation for the history of coins we might respond more! 893whatthe.gifinsane.gif893whatthe.gifinsane.gif893whatthe.gifinsane.gifflamed.gif

Howdy, buddy, I hope to see you in Parsippany in October and I'll bring that 1838-O dime! grin.gifthumbsup2.gif

Ha!

You're just jealous! devil.gif

(How many NGC-3 slabs do you own?) nyaa, nyaa, nyaa!

If you're nice, I'll bring you copies of R.W. Julian's articles from the 70s that discuss the first coins minted at the New Orleans Mint (which minted only dimes in 1838 - the half-dimes and half dollars were actually minted in early 1839). The articles also include tables showing when dies were shipped from Philadelphia to New Orleans in 1838 and '39.

I'll look forward to seeing you and that dime in October! thumbsup2.gif