• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

check out this proof

5 posts in this topic

Been a while since I've posted. Just wanted to get some opinions on this coin. I saw it on ebay tonight and fell in love with it. I got the winning bid for $626 shipped. Doesn't seen like a bad deal for what is. But, I know nothing about world coins. These pics do not show off the iridescent colors that the coin showcases. The brown with the heavy cameo is a thing of beauty. Just wondering if I did good or got ripped off.

Brian

13292.JPG

See more journals by chunk-it

I'm not familiar with Liberian coins, but that one sure is beautiful!! I always love to see the prizes that my fellow World collectors come across. Congrats on a very cool coin and thanks for sharing it with us!

Great coin for sure, but the RO [rip-off] factor is up to you. If you are investor, then you needed to check it out before you bought it. If you are a collector and intend to keep it, and be proud of ownership and it nestles in your mind as well as in your collection, then the price and value pale to insignificance. If you need to have value and collection kudos, may as well find out now. try to sell it with a reserve twice as high as you want for the coin, so you don't sell it, and the price will settle at its fairly true value. Value is what you can get for something, not what you pay for it. Extrinsic and intrinsic values must be looked at. Hope that helps.

Capt. Brian

The Lost Navigator