• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

77 posts in this topic

I find it odd that some posters on this forum seem to be concerned with comparing this forum with the one ATS, the latter usually being described negatively.

That phenomenon occurs both here and there. For varying reasons, some posters on each forum prefer one grading company (and thus, its associated forum) over the other. And tend to be protective and/or defensive about it. This can result in an "us against them" mentality, which I feel is unfortunate. [/quote

....so true. I'm in it for the coins (shrug) GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I have had hundreds of transaction on the BST and never a real problem. An occasional buyer's remorse, an occasional slow payment or shipment, but nothing that ever made me bat an eye.

I have two concerns with this thread:

1. The OP tends to be hypercritical and generally unhappy with everything, and my conclusion is that he is at least as likely to be the source of the problem with the transaction as the next guy--if there is any problem at all. Most of the threads he starts here and there seem to be to complain about something or other.

2. The notion that the reason that the transactions ATS have not worked is because they are all flippers, non collectors, or other miscreants over there is a bunch of unfounded rubbish, propagated by folks who have a chip on their shoulder. I sold over $10,000 of real coins to real collectors ATS this week, and they were real happy to get the coins for their real collections.

Largely due to 1) above, I have made it a point not to address the OP in any of his threads. But I have no problem conversing with those who post to his threads. And Robert, I agree, wholeheartedly with what you posted.

Mark your comment is disappointing and quite frankly unprofessional. Especially since I am a former client of yours and don't appreciate insults from you either. Bad mouthing past/present/future clients is not a good business model. Perhaps if you might apologize -- but suspect that that's not your nature is it. Just another puke. Thank You.

Seriously, people, I'm getting a little sick and tired of the immature behavior of some members, here, which ruins it for everybody else. There are some very very interesting topics in these forums that just go down the drain because some members have to act like schmucks. It takes away from the topic and everybody stops learning from it. This forum is great only because of its membership and we all bring something to this forum and all can learn from each other. Let’s start acting like mature adults and make it a better place. All the bickering and temper tantrums and threats and such only take away from the information being exchanged and when a thread goes from being informative to just two or three members acting like children it no longer becomes informative. Thanks, and I hope you all understand this.

Interestingly enough, I spend most of my time here, but I prefer most of the coins that I keep as my core collection in their PCGS holders. I guess I'm just a confused collector.

Interestingly enough, I spend most of my time here, but I prefer most of the coins that I keep as my core collection in their PCGS holders. I guess I'm just a confused collector.

I don't think anyone implied that at all (unless I overlooked a post). In any event, I like the PCGS holder and think they are easier to photograph. Perhaps I am as confused as you. ;)(shrug)

Kenny, I agree with you, the PCGS holdered coin is easier to photograph, and for sure, they're much easier to remove scratches from! I think I've been trying for a year to remove a scratch from some NGC holders... still no success!! lol

Kenny, I agree with you, the PCGS holdered coin is easier to photograph, and for sure, they're much easier to remove scratches from! I think I've been trying for a year to remove a scratch from some NGC holders... still no success!! lol

I don't know about lately in years past the PCGS slab was always EASIER to scratch to begin with so it better be easier to remove!

jom

I don't know about lately in years past the PCGS slab was always EASIER to scratch to begin with so it better be easier to remove!

jom

This has also been my experience; however, with proper storage of slabs, it isn't an issue. I still prefer the photography advantages of the PCGS slab. I wish NGC would redesign their holder.

Seriously, people, I'm getting a little sick and tired of the immature behavior of some members, here, which ruins it for everybody else. There are some very very interesting topics in these forums that just go down the drain because some members have to act like schmucks. It takes away from the topic and everybody stops learning from it. This forum is great only because of its membership and we all bring something to this forum and all can learn from each other. Let’s start acting like mature adults and make it a better place. All the bickering and temper tantrums and threats and such only take away from the information being exchanged and when a thread goes from being informative to just two or three members acting like children it no longer becomes informative. Thanks, and I hope you all understand this.

Good comments. I have made some posts lately that I regret. There are times when we are in bad mood because because of wife, job, health, etc and take it out here. That's not good and we should try to do better. These forums can be fun and informative. We can disagree without being disagreeable. Let's try to make this a friendly forum for all. :)

I find it odd that some posters on this forum seem to be concerned with comparing this forum with the one ATS, the latter usually being described negatively.

That phenomenon occurs both here and there. For varying reasons, some posters on each forum prefer one grading company (and thus, its associated forum) over the other. And tend to be protective and/or defensive about it. This can result in an "us against them" mentality, which I feel is unfortunate.

And your evidence for that accusation is...?

That phenomenon occurs both here and there. For varying reasons, some posters on each forum prefer one grading company (and thus, its associated forum) over the other. And tend to be protective and/or defensive about it. This can result in an "us against them" mentality, which I feel is unfortunate.

He's making an observation rather than making an accusation based on his reading posts on both forums and I agree with Mark's observations.

He's making an observation rather than making an accusation based on his reading posts on both forums and I agree with Mark's observations.

Thank you - he probably knows that, but is being a smartass. And it's because he didn't like it when I called him out for making a reckless accusation against Stack's-Bowers.

Thank you - he probably knows that, but is being a smartass. And it's because he didn't like it when I called him out for making a reckless accusation against Stack's-Bowers.

You actually didn't call me out.... And it wasnt reckless... Stacks own employee's have mentioned that they use house bids on coins. And no Im not going to waste the time looking for specific threads to appease you.

You actually didn't call me out.... And it wasnt reckless... Stacks own employee's have mentioned that they use house bids on coins. And no Im not going to waste the time looking for specific threads to appease you.

I am neutral here.

I love everybody, and agree that everything stated by everybody on the Boards is agreeable, and not an accusation or condemnation :whee:

That is just the kind and gentle person that I am. :acclaim:

But (blah,blah) while the comments may have not been reckless, they were not exactly wreckless, either.

Mark doesn't need evidence. He's Mark. When you're Mark, you won't need evidence.

PS: He says I'm on his "ignore list," so I figure I can get away with that. Don't tell him I said it. I like being on his "ignore list."