• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got two toned NGC Morgans today... pics inside (and appearance review question)

7 posts in this topic

1884-O NGC MS63--cool bag toning... the dark areas are really, really deep purple smile.gif It glows in the light smile.gif

ngc1740982-010_lustre_obv_sm.jpg

ngc1740982-010_tone_obv_sm.jpg

ngc1740982-010_rev_sm.jpg

1885-O NGC MS64--neat color and lustre, but the print on the reverse looks like it's new... do you think this might be the type of coin to go on an appearance review? I think it's a technical MS64 before the print, which now would knock it down a point, IMO--if I send it in, would they dip just the print and reholder the coin?

ngc236435-050_lustre_obv_sm.jpg

ngc236435-050_tone_obv_sm.jpg

ngc236435-050_rev_sm.jpg

Jeremy smile.gif

Nice coins Jeremy.

NGC would likely turn the 1885-O over to NCS to remove the print. And yes, they can do this carefully so that only the reverse is affected.

Hoot

And as an appearance review, I'd pay only shipping, right? Or do they cover that, too, if they deem the grade their mistake?

They don't cover shipping, but they'll cover the cost of the coin, including buyer's fees if there were any.

Hoot

And as an appearance review, I'd pay only shipping, right? Or do they cover that, too, if they deem the grade their mistake?

They don't cover shipping, but they'll cover the cost of the coin, including buyer's fees if there were any.

Hoot

Hey... I like the coin... just not the print. If I send it as a grade review, what are the odds they'd agree the grade is wrong at the moment, send it to NCS who'll remove the print, and then return the coin to me, either as a 63 or, more likely, a 64 (I really doubt this'll ever hit 65).

Jeremy

They might be able to work on the print by sending the coin to NCS, however, I don't think the coin is a technical MS64; I think the coin got bumped because someone liked the eye appeal. It looks like Ms Liberty was on the wrong end of a knife fight.

Tom,

Technical, market... same difference wink.gif For a morgan on the wrong end of a knife fight... here's an MS63*

ngc1740982-009_lustre_obv_sm.jpg

ngc1740982-009_tone_obv_sm.jpg

Then again, I figure NCS can take care of this easily... I'm just wondering what the cheap way to have this done is, and still have the coin--I like the obverse smile.gif

Jeremy