• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Possible DDO & DDR 2000P MA quarter. Anyone care to identify?
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Well, I've had this one for a while, and I just listed it on eBay. I'm not marketing it on this thread so please don't push me to the BST pages. I just want an opinion of if it is truely doubled, or if it is strike doubling. Also any info on what I have would be awesome.

eBay listing

Thanks

-Dave

It doesn't look like a doubled die. It is either machine doubling or quite possibly a strike from worn out dies.

Chris

i got a few of these and agree with the poster here. jmo

Thanks for your guys imputs.

Its a neat "variety" either way. I'll keep the listing running and we will see what happens.

-Dave

Thanks for the links.

The only difference between mine and those two is that those only show motto doubling. None say or show doubling on any other part. Mine has doubling there as well as in "LIBERTY" and slight doubling in "AMERICA" and other areas.

Now just for curiousity. What would be a FMV for something like mine and what is the interest factor to collectors?

-Dave

I don't want to rain on your parade, but since it appears that it isn't a DDO or DDR and it appears to have some condition problems from circulation, I would put it's value at 25c.

Chris

I don't want to rain on your parade, but since it appears that it isn't a DDO or DDR and it appears to have some condition problems from circulation, I would put it's value at 25c.

Chris

Ithink this would be fair.

It doesn't look like a doubled die. It is either machine doubling or quite possibly a strike from worn out dies.

Chris

i got a few of these and agree with the poster here. jmo

Thanks for your guys imputs.

Its a neat "variety" either way. I'll keep the listing running and we will see what happens.

-Dave

i kept a few of mine cause there neat. no harm done in any case. best wishes :)

1 hour ago, Mark Bratcher said:

I found one today in circulation  you can see the doubing on the mintmark and lettering

Welcome to the forum.

Your coin has what appears to be strike doubling.

Check out this link for an explanation:

CLICK ME

The real "value" is -30 cents (minus 30 cents) - it would cost 55 cents to mail, so one would spend the 25-cent face value plus another 30 cents just to ship it. (Excluding pesky packaging, handling, and fondling charges.) And then - on ebay sellers might add a "25% restocking fee" (although I don't know what connection there is between the coin and your stockings....).