• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found out about a loss today

5 posts in this topic

Don't miss out on opportunities.

I found out today that Alan Herbert, author of NN's "Coin Clinic" column. I enjoyed reading his column and was amazed at the information he could track down about the most obscure coin questions.

I urge anyone who just glances at the chat boards on occasion to get to know some of the people on here. They are great people who love to talk about the hobby that we all share.

And let's face it. How many of our family members understand when we spend a couple hundred dollars on a quarter or cent? lol

I wish all of you luck in your collecting endeavors.

Marcus

See more journals by Texan's Coins

That is so true. In fact I feel all of us should attempt to journal as much of our individual knowledge as possible. I have seen many people pass with their secrets and music still in side.

Capt. Brian

This is indeed sad, I have always enjoyed reading Alan's column in "Coins" Magazine. His insight will be missed. However, he leaves behind for all generations a legacy and treasure trove of numismatic writings.

Gary

Alan Herbert was instrumental in me joining CONENCA may years ago now, He labeled a few coins for me such as partial collars,tilted collors and the list just keeps going. He will be missed.

My thoughts and regards to all his friends and his family.

God bless