• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

35 Ounces of Silver

7 posts in this topic

I have:

3 uncirculated American Eagle Coins (1 ounce each) $43.20 each,

32 one ounce silver bars $36 each,

Must sell all as complete set

Free registered mail

Must pay 2.9% Paypal fee

Total $1320

Some potential bidders might want to know the brand of the bars.

Hope you do well!

I have:

3 uncirculated American Eagle Coins (1 ounce each) $43.20 each,

32 one ounce silver bars $36 each,

Must sell all as complete set

Free registered mail

Must pay 2.9% Paypal fee

Total $1320

This is my opinion on it. Babyjets has the right to charge whatever price he wants to charge for his coins. He/She will have to deal with the outcome, sold or not.

On the flip side, I think this site gives people the freedom to sell without the high fees associated with both auction houses or websites, which is great. It also gives sellers insight as to how much to market a coin for. Myself, I welcome offers on whatever I'm selling, negotiation is fantastic and could result in a sell, along with a customer for life.

Now as far as his price and fees, once again, thats his business. If I needed cash fast, then I would only accept paypal instead of check, but since its my "need" of fast cash or safety or whatever, I would absorb the fee into the price, raise the price up $40 instead of pointing it out. But again I would be open to negotiations.

This is what I have learned both here and in the real world. All you can do is make someone an offer or accept their offer. They either take it or leave it. Make sure that when you make the offer you explain why your making that offer.

For example: "For the eagles I can offer you 35.00 each. For the bars, I can offer you 32.00 each. This is because I have no idea as to the dates/grading of your eagles, same with your bars, you have not told me the brandnames or any description of the bars. I plan to keep these for my silver pile. I can pick these up at APMEX at this price, so Im not going to pay above that when I can get them cheaper. That price totals $1,129. As far as your paypal fee, I will add an extra $20, not the 2.9%($32.74). Again, I can pay APMEX $20 for shipping, so my total offer would be $1,149."

This is just an example and was a quick research, also if your a dealer going to resell in a shop say that "I can only offer you $30.00 per eagle because I am a dealer and I have overhead."

With some time, I'm sure I could find other prices for the items mentioned. I think with this though, you are make an offer and the reasons why you made the offer. That might help a seller a little, maybe not, he can take it or leave it. So, move on.

I agree with JamesUS. I have no idea what Proudtoown is talking about. (Dates/grades for what appears to be bullion is not really relevant. What IS relevant is below.)

The main thing I have a concern about is the description of "silver bars" and perhaps that is what James is pointing out. There is no description of the fineness of the silver or the "manufacturer" in order to gauge the quality/authenticity of the bars.

I think a simple re-posting with more detail would alleviate concerns.

This isn't rocket science fellas. He has 3 eagles and 32 bars. 35 ounces total. I know what I could pay based on today's silver price.

The list of different types of bars could prove important, if he has se better ones, but the safe guess/bet is that they are 1 oz. generics.