• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for 1887 $0.03, $0.25, & $.050 in older NGC Holder

13 posts in this topic

Thank you all for the compliments. I'll be elated if this thread could turn up even one of the three coins I'm looking for. Chip has an absolutely gorgeous 3 cent nickel but it resides in a new NGC holder. I'm going to continue to hold out for the older holders for consistency and my personal bias to the better looking old slabs. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Best Regards,

Joe G.

might check out my 3cn. Not sure about how old the slab is but it is NGC. you might be able to tell from the label. It is at the SDB so cant really take a photo of it now. Would not be interested in selling it but if you had a comparable trade or and upgrade of PCGS or a newer NGC I would be willing to make the trade.

might check out my 3cn. Not sure about how old the slab is but it is NGC. you might be able to tell from the label. It is at the SDB so cant really take a photo of it now. Would not be interested in selling it but if you had a comparable trade or and upgrade of PCGS or a newer NGC I would be willing to make the trade.

WOW!, first I need to compliment the collection. What a run of high grade 3cn coins. Your example would be the highest grade of my bunch. I'm not sure how to tell if that cert number ( 563437-005 ) is the old or new slab. Here is link to the coin, maybe someone here knows without you having to check the SDB. https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/WCM/CoinView.aspx?PeopleSetCoinID=626029

I'll keep my eyes out for equal or better grade as trade material. Thank You.

Its been awhile, friendly bump.  I now have example of each coin but desire an upgrade for the 50 cent piece.  Anyone have an old NGC holder (pre-three prong) 1887 50 cent piece in AU or MS grade?

1887 Mint Set Complete - 60dpi.jpg