• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(eBay 99c auctions) Seated 10c love tokens, incl. 1880-81 keys & nice pictorials

8 posts in this topic

All 99c true auctions with free shipping! Thanks for lookin'.

I'm breaking up my date set collection of Seated and Barber dimes, all with love token reverses. It was five years in the making.

I've got the 1880 and 1881 (already sold the 1879), plus some really well-executed and interesting pictorial pieces, like some seascapes, lighthouses, a chick hatching from an egg, a parachute, and even the Brooklyn Bridge and Statue of Liberty!

The cool thing about love tokens (like their modern hobo nickel counterparts) is that each and every one is a unique work of art. Some are crude and some are sophisticated, but they're ALL interesting! And, since this niche is largely ignored, they usually won't break the bank. Even a collector of modest means (like yours truly) can play.

I found it to be a really fun and fascinating collecting avenue, but had too many irons in the fire, so it was time to consolidate.

(Edit- whoops- sorry for the unwarranted bump. I was basically thanking James and responding to his post, without thinking about the fact I'd be bumping this for the second time within a few hours.)

James- I'll try to remember to bump this when we're within 24 hours of closing- thanks. I remember selling you those others.

Everybody else- sorry for the double-bump. I'll cool it from here on.

As requested, here's the last-day bump. Most of 'em have entered their final 24 hours by now, though as of this post, we're still a fair bit shy of snipertime.

Thanks for the comments, all. I've been happy with the response to these so far. A few are still going for less than I paid, but others are doing far better than I expected, so it'll all balance out.

By the way, I've got a love token giveaway going Across The Street, so by all means, toss your hat in the ring. (If you don't have a membership over there, let me know, and I'll include you.)

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=879338