• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Investing your coins?

37 posts in this topic

1982 and older?!!

Copper cents were issued up to 1984...I dont have copper coins after 1983...

I thought that meant that the last year for copper coins was 1983.

I have some 1945 copper coins...and you are telling me, what are you saying?

Welll it looks like I am going to have to plan for a vacation to Canada and take along all these Canadian one cent. I am glad I kept them...have some of those too.

I dont see why the United States government dont allow the melting of copper coins. From what I read some of our other dominations contains more copper than present-day Lincoln cents.

Just saying...

82-83 i forget. all I am saying is the copper value of them is about 3 cents, thats melt nothing more, not collector value

If you call a few reclamation centers, I think you will find that ANY copper that is alloyed with another metal is only worth about 25% of the price of Grade A copper. It takes 182 pre-1982 cents to equal one pound. One-fourth of the current price for Grade A copper ($3.68) is 92c. You would be losing 90c on each pound.

Chris