• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Registry Awards by JAA USA/Philippines Collection

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Thank you NGC for selecting my 1908 USA/Philippines Proof Set for a 2012 Best Classic Set Award.

For the past several years much of my collecting efforts have focused on my Custom USA/Philippines Registry Sets. When NGC established a competitive category for 1908 USA/Philippines Proof Sets (in November 2012) I deleted my "Custom Set" in that category and set up a "Competitive" 1908 Proof Set.

While I am honored that NGC selected my 1908 Proof Set for a "2012 Best Classic Set Award" I feel somewhat ambivalent about the honor since this set is a definitely a "work in progress" and nowhere near the ultimate 1908 USA/Philippines Proof Set. Rest assured that I will be continually upgrading this set. In fact since the judging closed I have upgraded two of the coins in this set. I upgraded the 1908 Half Centavo from PF65 RD to a "Top Pop" PF67RB and the Fifty Centavos from PF62 to PF64. I also plan to upgrade the photos to high resolution "NGC Photo Proof" images.

If you haven't seen my 1908 Proof Set please take a look but be sure to check back periodically for upgrades.

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SetListing.aspx?PeopleSetID=143079&Ranking=all

The attached photo is a 1908 Half Centavo, PCGS PR67 RB. Combined NGC/PCGS population 3/0.

12936.png

See more journals by JAA USA/Philippines Collection

Let's see...

I need one more coin to complete my 1908 Proof Set, so if I can find a 1908 Proof 10 Centavos worth 3907 points, I can take the number one spot! Unfortunately, even if I could get a PF70 (if one existed and I could sell my car to afford it), it would only net me a gain of 3636 points.

You've got a great set there, and I suspect you'll have the number one spot for as long as you want it. You're certainly in no danger of being dethroned by me! ;)