• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I took a lovely drive all the way up to Cambria, CA to visit a coin shop........

7 posts in this topic

and it was gone!!!!!!!!! Apparently, the shop closed since the last time I was in Cambria. Oh well, the drive was very pretty along HWY 1. Stopped in downtown Cayucos to visit the Antique stores. Almost found a couple of cool US medals, but they were way overpriced. Also hit the Cambria antique stores. Nothing good in coins or medals like it used to be. Ebay has taken all the good stuff and left the junk. I bought four cool hot wheels, though. thumbsup2.gif

truth,

One of the best experiences I've ever had was back in the summer of 1968. My best friend and I took the coastal highway all the way from just south of Portland (started in Seattle) to Tijuana. It was the time of peace, love and flower children. Had hair down to my belt line. For two months, we had the time of our lives---until my friend got his draft notice!

I still have very good memories of that highway and the scenery along the way---and all the very friendly girls of that era that seemed to always be on any beach accessible from US 1! cloud9.gifcloud9.gif

David

My parents are retired there in Cambria. We love to stay at the Cambria Lodge whenever we visit.

Neat place with beautiful views.

(I didn't know they used to have a coin shop there!)

"all the very friendly girls"

They are still there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! devil.gif

TRUTH

The same ones!?! crazy.gif