• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Self Inflicted Wound posted by jayh749

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I guess that is why they call them "Competitive" sets

So, here I was bidding on the Heritage auction the other day. I never won anything, but then again the two coins that I was remotely interested in bidding on went WAAAY more than I wanted to pay for them. I didnt really need them, but I felt Kind of funny about one coin in particular. A 1954 Canadian PL-67 dollar. I have a pcgs PL-68 with a heavy Cameo, but I felt like I should bid on this, just for the hell of it. Well, when it came time, I half hartedly, bid on it. I lost. I just didnt want to go that far. It did go for a resonable $388.00 with buyer's premium. OH well. I thought that that would be the end of it. NOPE!!! The collector that is my closest competition for top set just entered it into his set. Now, I really need my coin to cross over, and not get sent back to me. I guess that is why they are called competitive sets.

See more journals by jayh749

Bummer! I just went through the process of crossing over three coins from my Wilhelmina set. Each PCGS coin graded one grade lower with the exception of one that retained the grade. On the submission form I checked "ANY" which means that I wanted them crossed over no matter what the grade. Check the submission instructions for how you want your coins handled. I am sure that there is an option to retain the coin in its current holder if the resulting NGC grade would be lower. This is the $5 cross-over review special that I think NGC is still running. At any rate call them and be sure your instructions will be followed before sending the coins.

Gary