• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newb question about a slab

5 posts in this topic

The doily was just a design used on a slab for a very short time. There is nothing innately special about them, except to a slab collector. They are more available than the NGC 2.1, gold embossed holders - I guess you could say they are the PcGS equivalent as far as collectibility goes.

Conder101 did a lot of research about slabs several years ago and published a book about them.

Several of us got interested in the slab varieties that were only in use for short periods of time, of which the Doily is one.

If you're interested, you can still find his thread on PCGS slab varieties ATS and the NGC history thread here (I think).

Go to advanced search and search on Conder101 as author and either "PCGS Generations" or "NGC Generations".

(I think you need to use Internet Explorer to search ATS. Don't know which browsers are supported on this site.)