• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will these 2 Baroda India Coins grade with Scratches

3 posts in this topic

I am new to grading coins and have recently sent 14 world coins to be graded by NGC. Four of the coins came back as the highest graded in the world which i was very happy with,a few had come back with comments like surface hairlines. What i am wondering if its worth sending these two coins in due to the surface scratches,i am unsure whether they would be given a grading number,advice would be appreciated,both coins are silver,one is a 1/2 rupee from Baroda India and the other a 4 annas from Baroda also.I am hoping the the marks may be from minting,these coins are dated around 1895 and are in lovely condition.Both coins are marked to the Reverse dsc_0032_1357697366.jpg

dsc_0025_1357697295.jpgdsc_0029_1357697325.jpgdsc_0027_1357697312.jpg

I didn't comment because I haven't got enough experience with the situation to comment intelligently, thus I chose not to spout ill-considered information. It is possible that others found themselves in the same boat.