• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

unsupported Nazi Zinc coins posted by lqueen6

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I recently have been buying ms62+ Nazi Zinc coins.

Ngc is NOT supporting these coins in competitive sets!

If these coins were good enough for NGC papers, there is No reason that they are Not in competitive sets.

Please correct your error!

Thanks!

See more journals by lqueen6

NGC is a private company and they can do as they please in terms of competitive sets. Maybe they find the idea offensive of folks competing for the best Nazi coins. Maybe they don't want the bad press from highlighting Nazi coins. Frankly I think NGC shouldn't bother to grade them. Folks can certainly own and collect them if they like, but grading them makes these ugly coins a sport. Sometimes it is best to let the past fade away. Nazi coins fall into this category.

I'm with mvcoins!

Having lost family (before my time) to the Nazi regime in Poland, I would hope that NGC would re-examine their policy of grading Nazi coins and STOP doing it.

Just for general information, NGC currently has eleven (11) Third Reich Competitive Sets. Two of them are for WW2 Zinc 5 and 10 Reichpfennig Military Coinage issues 1940-41. Four of these eleven sets have no (0) current participation and many others have only one coin listed.

P.S. There are currenltly 3,965 Third Reich coins selling on ebay.

Although people have the right to collect whatever they wish .... Its my wish that NGC didnt grade or allow nazi coins in the registry. after all they offend more then they bring joy to most of the people here. I would like to forget that the nazi's ever exicted but never forget the horried things they did.. I lost an uncle to these fools and think anything and everything about the nazi's should be boycotted by all collecting services. let then set up there own sites so we dont have to be reminded of them ever again

I don't usually participate in the journal/message board side of things, but I feel like I should reply to this. First off, my deepest sympathies to anyone who was affected by the horrific events of World War II......many terrible things that human beings should never inflict on one another happened during that horrible, bloody conflict. But on to the coins........I can understand some people's hesitation about collecting these coins. But others, such as myself and Lqueen6, do choose to collect them. In my mind, those coins are historical artifacts as they were simply the coin of the realm in thier day. And also, many other nations aside from Nazi Germany have done horrible things to their fellow man in the name of some national agenda or ideology. Look at the Trail of Tears in the United States, or the conduct of the British and French in their colonial territories during the Age of Colonialism or the many atrocities committed by the Red Army during World War II to select a contemporary to this post example. My point is that almost every nation on Earth has committed crimes against their fellow human beings. But does that make their coins evil or not worth collecting? In my opinion, no, as long as they are artifacts from that time period. A modern commemorative to Adolf Hitler or something like that I 'd absolutely be appalled by and against. But if you think about it, the United States does a similar thing every time it prints a $20 bill and in 2008, Andrew Jackson, the President behind the Trail of Tears, received an additional commemorative in the form of a Presidential $1 Coin. Now I find those items to be in poor taste as they were made to commemorate the man after the full extent of his actions were common knowledge. But are U.S. coins from the time his presidency in poor taste to me? Absolutely not. They were simply the coin of the realm in a society that wasn't making the best choices at that time. I'd say the same thing applies to Nazi coins or any other coinage. No nation or society is perfectly innocent, nor are they always one of the "good guys' or the "bad guys". I collect Nazi coins, and every other coin I collect, as a part of history, as an artifact and as a way to remember history. And you all know the old adage.......those who don't remember history are doomed to repeat it.