• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Knowledge Empowers the Collector (previous journal entry removal) posted by DrDarryl

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I had to remove my original journal entry ...

For those of you who read my original entry (posted this past weekend) got a glimpse of a recent purchase I made. It was about a naive auction lot seller and informed auction lot buyer.

I removed the journal entry as the auction purchasing process is still running its course. I will re-post the original journal entry, provide an updated journal entry and point out additional interesting material I found relating to the purchased item.

This purchase event reminded me of a past experience I had with a established silver dollar dealer. I purchased two raw mint state 1900-O Morgan silver dollars. I visually reviewed/compared my newly acquired coins against the VAM variety photos. I was surprised, then ecstatic.....I had unknowingly purchased two 1900-0/CC errors at the 1900-O price.

See more journals by DrDarryl

I have acquired several varieties and a surprising number proof coins this way. I particularly love when these opportunities come with a "Buy It Now" price. ;)

I look forward to your next post.