• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012 into 2013

4 posts in this topic

Thank goodness the Mayans didn't get us. lol

So as 2012 draws to a close, I wanted to take a look back. My goal for 2012 was not very rigid. I knew that I was not going to collect as heavily, because I wanted to build my photography gear, which I did. I bought some coins here and there as money permitted and I kept my Kennedy and Sacagawea collections current. I ended the year a little heavier, working on my Lincoln 1934 - 1958 Wheat collection. I am down below 10 coins needed. (Not counting the 1955 DDO.) I went to the ANA show in Dallas, which was a lot of fun. Also, I started a few new collections; MS Ikes and proof Lincoln Cents and proof Jefferson Nickels.

So as I look forward to 2013, my wife and I are planning to move back to the east coast, a move we are hoping will take place around the end of January or the beginning of February. Even with this, I plan to go deeper into the hobby. My goals for 2013 are as follows.

1. Crack the top 1500 sets.

2. Finish my Lincoln Cent collection.

3. Finish my Ike collection.

4. Get to 33% completion on my Morgan collection.

5. Keep Kennedy, Sacagawea and Presidential Dollar collections up to date.

6. Finish my Commemorative Half collection.

7. Extend my Commemorative Dollar collection. Any percentage of completion is fine.

8. Attend at least one major Baltimore show.

9. Save up money to attend the 2014 January FUN show.

10. Start a Silver American Eagle Set.

Whew! That's a lot. That should keep me focused for the year. It should be a lot of fun working on these collections. Good luck to each of you in your collecting endeavors.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Marcus

See more journals by Texan's Coins

@Newprepper. Yes, it is a daunting set and with all the new varieties the mint brings us, it will take some collecting to catch up.

@Hunter's Gold, I will keep in touch. I have wanted to attend a FUN show for a long time, but have never set out to do it. Once we get moved and settled, I will be closer and make it more of a priorty.