• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toned Buffalo Nickels

37 posts in this topic

The color looks questionable to me.

No more questionable than any other rainbow toned buff posted in this thread. For the record, I consider all rainbow toned nickel as questionable.

That is a ridiculous statement. Not that it really surprises me though.

No more questionable than any other rainbow toned buff posted in this thread. For the record, I consider all rainbow toned nickel as questionable.

Well, you shouldn't ;)

I have seen numerous beautifully toned rainbow examples in albums from old time collections. And I know I'm far from the only one.

I don't think I've seen as many sets in old time albums like Mark but I have seen a few (I can remember at least two times off hand). Again, the "tight" rainbow was something I saw there...it's usually a good sign.

I've also seen Buffs that came out of Dansco albums (maybe not as "old time" but still...) and they have that "Dansco" look (as I call it). I have a number of Kennedys that toned similar. This is also a good sign.

There are others I've seen slabbed though that I'm not so sure of.... hm

jom

I fully expected the posters name to be homerunhall.