• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Few questions about Ancients

2 posts in this topic

First question where is the pricing guide for ancients maybe I'm blind but I can not seem to find it.

Second is your "bodybag" criteria the same as it is modern coins as ancients? As an, can an ancient coin be pretty badly damaged and still get a grade? I have a Roman Empire Constantine II and it's in not so great shape but I'd love to get it slabbed.

Thanks for your time.

• Administrator

Thank you for the post. We do not have an Ancient Coin Price Guide at this time -- auction prices realized can serve as excellent pricing resources though.

We do grade ancient coins with a wide variety of "problems" as that is their nature; we only draw the line at serious efforts in modern times to deceive, such as re-engraving of details, or at degenerative surface conditions. The specific problem is often noted on the holder below the grade.