• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Westford Ma. show report

3 posts in this topic

Arrived early (7:30) so I could run around the floor a bit before it got busy. Never happened, the running around that is

It was very, very busy. Plenty of traffic in the aisles. Plenty of dealers looking for certain coins for different customers. A wide assortment of coins are being hunted down right now, or so it seems.

I was busy at my table virtually ALL day. Around 2:00 things started to slow down a bit, and I couldn't remember a mid-summer local show that was this "hot" (had to use that description ).

Not much in the way of toned material seemed available. A few dealers were looking to dump boxes of recently certified Frankies, with no one biting. A couple of dealers were commenting that pcgs was grading loose right now, and ngc was tight. Next week I'll probably here the opposite.......from the same two dealers. I never fully bit into that thinking. Just me though.

A lot of collectors seemed to be hunting down key and better date circulated coins for their albums. Plenty more seemed to floating around than usual.

If I think of anything else I'll be sure to add it in later.

It was nice chatting with Sadysta1, Toneddollars, Tonelover and 09svdb, although I didn't have time for too much chit chat today.

Also, this is an 85+ table show, and it was FULL. That's odd for a mid-summer local show and probably is in indicator of how busy many dealers anticipate the market. Plus the fact that it was a BEAUTIFUL day and the bourse traffic was still heavy shows something as well.

One coin I had a chance to purchase, and passed (regretfully) was a Hawaiian 25c in an ngc ms/64 holder with lighter centers and pretty blue/auburn rim toning. I passed, but know I shouldn't have. smile.gif