• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Updated Bust Half Dollar Collection with Redbook Variety Info

41 posts in this topic

Amazing set! Congrats on such an achievement!

WOW! Thank you for sharing your wonderful set. MJ

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/...532&Ranking=all

Someone asked which award it was? The variety set won best in category (just for ranking), but the date set won one of the five best presented sets! Thanks to everyone for encouraging me to commit to more posting information and photographs.

Also Thanks NGC Judges, not sure I deserve it, but I do appreciate it!

Hey Carl,

That's already 79 examples, great work. If you are ever interested in joining the Bust Half Nut Club let me know. We have members on most parts of the US. The requirement is that you obtain 100 die marriages. This tough hurdle brings in collectors who are really focused on the series, since fewer die marriages in total are required for a Redbook set. Although, several members have focused on Redbook sets. We typically meet twice per year at the summer ANA and the winter FUN show. There is always an open meeting of the club that allows anyone with an interest to learn more. Usually, someone does an educational session.

Nice to meet another one developing bust half fever. I'm afraid I'm near terminal with it.

Chuck

Chuck,

I attended the BHNC meeting at FUN Orlando. Talked a bit with Glenn Peterson and Steve Herman and enjoyed the presentations. Steve gave me the name of a BHNC member in my area and I will definitely make contact. I just happened to pick up a few more CBH s at the Heritage auction.

Carl

That's great Carl.

I probably was within a snake bite of you if you were speaking with those guys. Did you meet them around Sheridan Downey's table. I was around his table a lot. So you were 79, now 81 or 82?

Soon, very soon, would love to have you join.

Best Wishes,

Chuck

Wow, great set!!! I just bought my first CBH yesterday. There are so many varieties out there and it looks like a reasonable coin to get into.

:gossip: ....they're addictive lol GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

If I were ever to have the illusion of completing a set, the Capped Busts would be the one to motivate me. They look so incredible in high grade....often much nicer in hand than a photo indicates. The fact that they once resided in the pocket of someone who had no AC, running water, lights, etc. is very compelling.....back in the days when travel was by horseback and you could still go a short ways out of town and build a home :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Hey Chuck!

Great getting to look at the set on line at least. Neat seeing the provenance on the coins as well. Need to work harder so I can upgrade my set to that level I guess... :insane:

Best

Dave