• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question on 'reholdering' and CAC...

34 posts in this topic

Too bad the grading services don't have a contract with CAC to reapply their stickers when cert. number stays the same. My postage costs are killing me.

BTW, I bought a high end $20 Lib with a CAC sticker on it that was worth trying for an upgrade. The PNG dealer I bought it from said if I cracked it out and came back the same grade he could save the trouble and reapply the current CAC sticker! I would never have the hubris to do that with a new cert. number and and old CAC sticker.

Doesn't sound like a very bright dealer. A check of the cert# on CAC's website would show it has not been CAC-approved.

Lance.

Too bad the grading services don't have a contract with CAC to reapply their stickers when cert. number stays the same. My postage costs are killing me.

BTW, I bought a high end $20 Lib with a CAC sticker on it that was worth trying for an upgrade. The PNG dealer I bought it from said if I cracked it out and came back the same grade he could save the trouble and reapply the current CAC sticker! I would never have the hubris to do that with a new cert. number and and old CAC sticker.

Doesn't sound like a very bright dealer. A check of the cert# on CAC's website would show it has not been CAC-approved.

Lance.

+1

Here is a novel idea. How about look at the coin for yourself and decide if you want the coin or not.CAC bean, Slab grade or raw. All that should matter is the coin itself. One should be able to look at a coin and tell if the coin is nice for the grade or if you agree with the grade / price. If not move on.

Here is a novel idea. How about look at the coin for yourself and decide if you want the coin or not.CAC bean, Slab grade or raw. All that should matter is the coin itself. One should be able to look at a coin and tell if the coin is nice for the grade or if you agree with the grade / price. If not move on.

I agree 110%, but the original question I asked was how CAC certified coins are handled when one chooses to 'reholder' a coin. An individual should not be forced to do away with an earned approval from another respected party just because the plastic holder housing the coin is cracked or scratched. After all, are we buying pieces of plastic or coins...or stickers?

This is something that should be systematically dealt with even though NGC or PCGS has no vested interest (to my knoweldge?) in CAC.

Respectfully yours,

'mint'