• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richard's Journal posted by richh0323

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Now how do I put this all together

My first memories of collecting go way back to my childhood. I was given some coins from my great grandmother, I remember a quarter that was an old walking liberty, a buffalo nickel, and a large coin with circles on the back. I spent the quarter and the nickel on candy, but I didn't know what the big copper one was at that time, I thought it was fake or a Canadian coin. So I came up with this idea that I could make a buried treasure. I took that coin, and I think another five pennies, and buried them somewhere in the fields behind my parents house. I think they are somewhere back there still, long forgotten where they ended up. I just have the memories of that first collecting memory, and that large copper coin, I would later in my collecting learning was a Fugio cent.

See more journals by richh0323