• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NCA

34 posts in this topic

I feel that I owe John an apology for derailing his thread. I thought that I knew John well enough from his prior postings that he would appreciate a correction and that he would enjoy a minor ribbing. If fact after the first couple of exchanges I was thinking all was still in fun. It wasn't until I read John's response to nk1nk that I realized that he thought I was seriously upset.

I tried to set the record straight but did so in an indirect manner which John chose to ignore. In fact, from his continued ranting on the subject (about me, not to me) it appears that John actually does harbor some resentment towards military officers, current and former. I certainly did not intend to cause a stir and will try to refrain from any further ill advised attempts at humor in the future. My communication skills are not up to the task.

No apology is required.

I did appreciate, and did enjoy the correction.

It was all in fun.

You were not ignored. If I did not enjoy the banter, I can assure you that I would not have continued in the manner I did.

The Post to nk1nk was to clarify any confusion; he was ribbbing me, very humourously, by using the "..but what do I know..." phrase, and signing off " ..Respectfully..." and I acknowledged the humour by reply.

No stir was caused by you that was or is or was assumed to be spiteful.

Your commo skills are fine.

Nothing wrong with Officers that a good NCO can't fix.

Officers are due respect of Rank.

I do not resent anyone about anything.

I just try to keep duct tape away from Officers.