• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Helping a Young New Collector posted by lanebrad

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Passing it forward

The other day ne of the . Manger and I were talking and she brought up that her Son has just completed his State Quarter Board, and that he is very excited about coins and she told her son if you have question that I was the go to guy. well Iam far from that but I can help. It made me think about when I started out and how over the last couple yrs I had question that I needed to ask and I have my go to guy at the S.C. so I went though some of my older stuff to get a packet together for the young collector I came up with a partly filled Buffalo nickel book, a few president dollar, a kennedy half(silver)an Ike dollar,a $2.00 Bill and some other Misc coins. You shold have seen his Happy face. the biggest smile, and many thank you. so maybe we added a new Collector. again thanks for looking.

Lane

See more journals by lanebrad

good for you lane that was nice help him out, soom day he may pass your collection and that will make you feel great, ggggggooooooooodddddddd job,. Don

I know this is an old post, but I had to comment:

You are a class act! I will NEVER forget my first coin and how I got it and who gave it to me. It started my fever and I have loved collecting off and on most of my life.

By getting the yonger set interested we are doing our part to preserve the history of our country.

Nice work!