• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

La Quinta or Penn Omni

11 posts in this topic

Well, looks like I just may go to ANA Pittsburgh this year. Here's the quandry, do I splurge and stay at the Penn Hotel downtown or be frugal and stay at the La Quinta for $90 less per night, four nights total?

Pros: Penn

downtown, near old buildings, nice accomodations, near the show

Cons: Mucho money and I'm a tightwade

Pros: La Quinta

clean sheets, location is driving minutes from show, relatively inexpensive, could buy a neat coin with the extra cash.

Cons: Not near any historic district or sights

Help me decide? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

TRUTH

Easy call, go with the cheap hotel.

You probably won't spend much time in the room, but an extra coin can last a lifetime.

-JamminJ

Go cheap! thumbsup2.gif Get some extra walking in and a cab or two may take you to all of the neat spots you want to see. The extra coin will be worth it!

Hoot

If it's the LQ by the airport, you'll see a fair amount of traffic when going in to the convention in the morning. Figure about a 30-40 minute commute if you're in the peak of rush hour.

Or you vould go realy cheap and sleep in your car and wash up in restrooms. CHRIS

BINGO! Then you could pick up something really nice like a beautifully toned

MS 38-25-33 hooker! cool.gif

Leo 27_laughing.gif

Did I say that? 893naughty-thumb.gif

And eat out of garbage cans! thumbsup2.gif

Well, I've decided. La Quinta it is! thumbsup2.gif The money saved will buy me a nice Mexico 2 escudos gold piece! I thought about sleeping in the car to really save money, but I enjoy a soft bed and flushing toilet. grin.gif

TRUTH

Well, I've decided. La Quinta it is! thumbsup2.gif The money saved will buy me a nice Mexico 2 escudos gold piece! I thought about sleeping in the car to really save money, but I enjoy a soft bed and flushing toilet. grin.gif

TRUTH

I think you made the right choice. Have fun, make a few bucks and don't forget the pictures upon your return!

-JamminJ