• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling Bullion Coins on Ebay Not A Good Idea

34 posts in this topic

All this talk of B&M buying bullion at 80% is just not accurate, at least in my area of Salt Lake City it's not. There are about 4 major B&M's around here and I called all four yesterday and all four buy at over spot. Here's an example from monarch coin that has been in business since 1949,

spot = $32.20 they buy silver eagles at $33.24 sell at $35.14

Now guys at the local coin show that get a table and think they are a real dealer then yes I could see a 80% offer.

I agree with the OP, don't waste your time selling bullion on eBay.

If you guys really deal with B&M's that offer 80% then I will just mark it up as one more reason to live in the great state of Utah.

if anybody wants to fact check me call this number and listen to the recording 801-262-5874

Nick

CAC coins for sale will receive a minimum tack-on of between 10-15% or $25. Pedigreed coins (examples - Binion, OBH) or 1st strike mods get an automatic $10 sales tack-on.

Why? These do not change the coin in any way. I can understand trying to sell valueless things for extra profit - just like car undercoating and racing stripes, etc. But why would a collector pay more to get nothing more? However, I don’t understand the way so many modern collectors think, so I’ll withdraw the question.

All this talk of B&M buying bullion at 80% is just not accurate, at least in my area of Salt Lake City it's not. There are about 4 major B&M's around here and I called all four yesterday and all four buy at over spot. Here's an example from monarch coin that has been in business since 1949,

spot = $32.20 they buy silver eagles at $33.24 sell at $35.14

Now guys at the local coin show that get a table and think they are a real dealer then yes I could see a 80% offer.

Some coins consistently sell over spot pretty much no matter what, including buffalo $50s, krugerrands, etc.