• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver in change!

7 posts in this topic

Coming back from a trip to the over-stuffed old-fashioned hardware store, I checked my change and was astonished to see a 1937 Mercury dime in VF!

(Unfortunately, when I saw it it was too late to go back and ask for more dimes.)

I'm torn between being delighted to see silver for face value and being distressed that someone's collection was stolen and spent.

last year i found a mercury dime in the cash drawer at work, this was after i mistakenly gave one to a lady and she mentioned it. i then went through the rest of the drawer and found another mercury dime :)

I'm torn between being delighted to see silver for face value and being distressed that someone's collection was stolen and spent.

It may not have been a stolen collection, it could have just been in some jar of coins for decades and finally got spent. Well, maybe not.