• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My new world signature set - Medieval and Renaissance coinage

13 posts in this topic

I've been building this one for a while and just now opened it for public viewing. Just thought I would share...

Click the banner if you're interested in old silver and gold...

sig.jpg

Comments welcome! Thanks for looking!

Here's a screen shot from the slide show page of the set...

Slideshowscreencap.jpg

Wow, that's a really cool set.

Are you going to focus more on one portion of the date range, or one geographical region? Are you going to include any Islamic or Eastern coinage?

Nope, will be strictly Western European and coins can span anywhere in the date range given. Tried to spread it out as much as possible, though naturally more quality material is available in the later dates, especially gold.

Nice coins. I especially like the Edward III Noble.

The sceat obverse was derived from Greco-Roman portraits on silver. It just resembles a “bird,” or "porcupine." (See series K, also)

I should say I am by no means a foreign coinage expert, however I did take a long look at your set. My favorite coin is the, ENGLAND Edward III (Fourth Coinage/Treaty period 1361-1369) Noble.

Thank you for showing this beautiful set for everyone to enjoy.

P.S. I think I need to buy a lot more coin books to study!!!!!