• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2007-2008 Presidential Dollars by Panda Man

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

OUCH....

Hey Friends,

To upgrade my comp set I just purchased the 2007-2008 (S-mint) presidential dollars. I cannot believe how much of a jump in price from PR69 to PR70. The 07's were $163 and 08's were $96 dollars. I hope I made a wise decision on this one. I get a little nervous when I do not even have the silver content to fall back on. I have the 2012 in PR70 just need 09-2011 to make a perfect set to date. I will have some PR69's for sale soon...

Anyway are the presidential dollars going to be available for collectors? I hear they are but have not seen any proof yet. If anyone has news on this please let me know. Also, what do you guys think about the Presidential Dollar collection from an investment point of view? I saw a PR70 set for $1500 on E-bay last night. It might have included the P & D mints as well, not sure...For now, everyone have fun and will talk to all of you very soon.......

See more journals by Panda Man

I wish you the best of luck with your set Panda Man! The one thing I am always concerned with modern era coins is the POP count on the PR and MS70's. With proof coin minting down to near perfection, I often wonder how many future PR70's are hanging out there in their OGP, just waiting to be sent in for grading.

I think this is way I don't pay large cash for moderns. Maybe it's just me.

I am collecting the PF70 Presidential Dollars. When I first started being a serious collector, people at this site suggested to buy what you like and what you can pay. I am also collecting PF70s Sacagawea Dollars.

Based on the various posts pertaining to the Presidential and SAC coins that I have read on NGC sites, they are out there but, are hard to get a hold of to add to one's collection. I am glad to hear that a set of PF70 Presidentials was being offered for $1500.00. Getting that price, is another issue.

I am listed as #14 in the competitive rankings for NGC and #1 in regards to the SAC PF70s. Don't know what that means but, it sounds nice.

My newest coin is from the Native American Modern coinage that was issued this year. The Native American Tribe -- IIPAY, Nation of Santa Ysebel, had these coins manufactured to represent their Heritage. I do not know if they will ever be valuable but, I like them. So, I bought them.

Semper Fi ! Remember our military Veterans.