• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does this happen when they don't buy the book first?

16 posts in this topic

So I was just looking at the completed Ebay sales of some recent HTT's and almost fell out of my chair after seeing this.

$94.88... This token is a mid 1950's sloppy novelty reissue struck from replica dies which at times sells for $7.00+

As it's not a re-strike from anything that resembles the original dies it has a "R" in the center of the reverse which stands for Reissue.

Since the seller has no description the bidders are on their own... Yet wouldn't ya think they'd research what they are bidding on? hm

$(KGrHqV,!h8F!Fe2!,1,BQT9!g8kNw~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!j!F!d3,3KdSBQT9!eO+Z!~~60_3.JPG

Here's the actual 1837 struck token for comparison =

1837 J.M.L. & W.H. Scovill Manufacturing, Connecticut, HT-105, R-3

28cijxj.jpg

Someone will either be P.O.ed when they go to sell it (or find out they over OVER paid) or they will never realize their mistake.

That sale screams of Buyer leaving neg. FB. Keep your eyes on that sellers FB for a few weeks. If the buyer has it checked out, and he is told its worth like $10.00, you can BET that he will want to return it and end up saying the seller took advantage of him.

I wish there was a way to profit off uneducated ebay buyers. We could be millionaires.

-Dave

And this would be exactly why I don't own any HTT's.... I don't know a thing about them. I have done my homework on those coins I do own, but I just haven't made it through all the possible series...yet.... You would think before someone would plop down a sum of money they would do at least enough research to know what they were buying..... What was that old saying about a fool and his money?

And this would be exactly why I don't own any HTT's.... I don't know a thing about them. I have done my homework on those coins I do own, but I just haven't made it through all the possible series...yet.... You would think before someone would plop down a sum of money they would do at least enough research to know what they were buying..... What was that old saying about a fool and his money?

He has a crappy, overpaid collection like me

Getting a second set of eyes to look at an item wouldn't hurt. But how does that happen? You have to have an expert, who is willing to check the item out and get back to you in time. Plus you have to sit on your hands while you get the information you need. The guy can return the bogus token. And you could let him know if he hasn't wised up already.

I think if we all humbly admit it, it happens even after buying the book.

Learning thru experience is a wonderful thing.

Then there is that silly part about READING the book after you buy it.....but I guess that is part of the class syllabus as well...

I think if we all humbly admit it, it happens even after buying the book.

Learning thru experience is a wonderful thing.

Then there is that silly part about READING the book after you buy it.....but I guess that is part of the class syllabus as well...

true, true........