• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS/T: North Carolina $20 2006 One ounce silver

5 posts in this topic

Got this in a lot of silver I purchased. When I looked it up after the deal it appears that this particular date in the series brings a bit of premium over silver content. Apparently almost 3x silver. When I purchased it I believe silver was in the $25 range and these were selling on ebay in the 65 - 75 range.

Anyhow, if there's anyone who is interested in this one, contact me and let's see if we can get a deal worked out on it.

Coin is as pictured. There are some small spots on the obverse at about 7 o'clock. I went for the cameo look when I took the pictures, so at other angles the spots, not milk spots, are more noticeable.

_MG_0357_1.jpg

_MG_0358_1.jpg

That is a norfed dollar here are some interesting facts

The Liberty Dollar (ALD) was a private currency produced in the United States. The currency was issued in minted metal rounds (i.e. coins), gold and silver certificates and electronic currency (eLD). ALD certificates are "warehouse receipts" for real gold and silver owned by the bearer. According to court documents there were about 250,000 holders of Liberty Dollar certificates. The metal was warehoused at Sunshine Minting in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, prior to a November 2007 raid by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Secret Service.[2] Until July 2009, the Liberty Dollar was distributed by Liberty Services (formerly known as "National Organization for the Repeal of the Federal Reserve and the Internal Revenue Code" (NORFED), based in Evansville, Indiana. It was created by Bernard von NotHaus, the co-founder of the Royal Hawaiian Mint Company. In May 2009, von NotHaus and others were charged with federal crimes in connection with the Liberty Dollar and, on July 31, 2009, von NotHaus announced that he had closed the Liberty Dollar operation, pending resolution of the criminal charges. On March 18, 2011, von NotHaus was pronounced guilty on various counts, including the making of counterfeit coins.